Systems Engineer - Server, Data Centres, Windows, Systems, Evening Sh
Systems Engineer - Server, Data Centres, Windows, Systems, Evening Shift - 6pm to 6am
6pm to 6am, 3 days a week - GBP25-29k + On call allowance
My global leading retail client is looking for a high calibre Systems Engineer to join their IT support team. As a highly skilled Systems Engineer your will be responsible for providing overnight support and moves to their networks, internal data centre, hardware and infrastructure. Additionally you will focus on racks and rooms, power and cooling and capacity planning. This is an evening shift running from 6pm to 6am, 3 days a week so please consider this before applying.
Systems Engineer Essential Skills Required:
* Strong experience working in a large server estate across large scale Computer Rooms and/or Data Centres
* Strong experience working on server and applications using Microsoft technologies
* Strong experience on fixing network, voice and server hardware.
* Experience using Windows 2003/2008 Server, TCP/IP and Clustering
* Able to work shift patterns of 6pm to 6am, 3 days a week - due to hours a driving license and access to own vehicle would be highly advised
* Additionally any experience working with VMware, SCOM, Exchange, IIS and Capacity Planning would be strongly advantageous
This role offers a vibrant and social workplace operating in a dynamic and fast-paced sector. For an ambitious, creative, confident, self-motivated team player this is an excellent opportunity to make a real difference to this already high-achieving organisation. If you have the above skills and can work on the hours and times suggested then please forward your CV right away.
Job Type : Permanent
Location : Leicester
Salary : 25000-29000 Per Annum Onc
Date Advertised : 07 Jan 2013
Sorry, this position is no longer available.
Don't miss out again. Sign up for Jobs-by-Email and get the latest jobs direct to your inbox.