Maintenance Service Engineer
We are recruiting for a Service Engineers for one of the Leicesters most popular and well respected manufacturing business. The Service Engineer will handle day to day running of maintenance and repairs of the entire site for all services, associated services and buildings within the business.
Services Meaning: - electrical, refrigeration, pneumatic, water, steam, water treatment, building fabrication/structure, domestic services systems.
The successful candidate will be required to:
- When necessary assist with breakdowns and repair work within the factories.
- Agree site services job requests time scales with manager.
- Maintain all chemical services and record all data associated with the equipment.
- Carry out building maintenance and installation
- Carry out services installations as and when necessary
- Assist and supervise contractors as and when required
- Obtain and record all water samples for cooling towers
- Obtain and record treatment plant water samples
- Maintain all records and legislative documents
- Assist contractors when and where necessary in and out of hours for projects and repairs
- Carry out legislative testing and inspection
- Be available for emergency call out when and where possible.
- Unloading and loading of chemicals required for any given plant and installing, diluting, mixing of such chemicals.
- Carry out the duty to apply Health & Safety Policies or associated documentation and fulfil the requirements of the Health & Safety at Work Act.
- Must have gained experience and skills in electrical or building maintenance and have a recognised qualification.
- A formal engineering qualification minimum City & Guilds pt2 or NVQ level 3
- A working knowledge of a food processing environment
- Engineering in a manufacturing environment
- General building practices
Professional Technical is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy. Professional Technical is a specialist recruitment consultancy supporting the
engineering recruitment market, developing recruitment partnerships with engineering businesses on a national scale. Professional Technical supply the talent so that our clients can focus on creating and engineering that continue to push the boundaries within British manufacturing.
Job Type : Permanent
Location : Leicester
Salary : £27k - £28k pa
Date Advertised : 04 Dec 2012
Sorry, this position is no longer available.
Don't miss out again. Sign up for Jobs-by-Email and get the latest jobs direct to your inbox.