Electrical Design Engineer
ELECTRICAL DESIGN ENGINEER
Experienced Electrical Engineer required to join a world leading producer of mobile platforms and material handlers with a varied client base throughout Europe, Asia and USA. This is a unique opportunity to be able to work on a diverse range of R&D projects and the forefront of design technology. With a diverse customer base including users in the industrial, commercial, institutional and construction markets.
To provide detailed design of electrical systems and installations to new and current product development projects. Working as part of a team, to take product technical specifications and requirements and convert them to detailed concept, prototype and production designs.
Use a structured approach to achieve low cost, reliable and durable designs. Evaluate designs using recognized, best practice tools such as FMEA, 8D root cause analysis, DFMA and CAD reviewing tools.
* Private Health Care
* 9% Bonus
* Private Pension Scheme
* Childcare vouchers scheme
* Genuine opportunity for career development throughout the world.
* Exciting product development, full R&D projects.
* Responsible for quality conscious design including cost, reliability, and ease of manufacturing
* Provide occasional support for prototype, pilot and product launch builds
* Process engineering information through change proposals, change notices and the creation of thorough piece part documentation
* Respond to Continuous Improvement Requests
* Direct support of suppliers and test programs to include travel to off-site locations, as necessary, to accomplish assigned engineering programs
* Design & Execution of wiring diagrams (schematics) and wiring loom (harnesses) of 12/24 DC systems
* Check compatibility and design for all electric components
* Document & log completed work using systems available (Windchill)
QUALIFIFCATIONS & EXPERIENCE IDEALLY REQUIRED
* HND min although ideally Degree in Electrical Engineering, Electrical Engineering Technology, or Computer Engineering
* Ability to read, comprehend, and develop electrical schematics
* Experience with automotive or off-highway equipment preferred
* Good analytical and problem-solving skills
* Prior knowledge of CAN based systems
* PTC Pro-E electrical design and routing CAD skills (RSD)
* Windchill or Teamcenter PDM/PLM knowledge
Excellent opportunity to join a successful progressive group with a diverse product portfolio which includes leading brands within construction and off highway engineering equipment.
Ruth Wagstaff Recruitment offers a dedicated and individual recruitment service for professional candidates seeking new opportunities within the manufacturing industry.
To discuss this position in further detail or to apply, please contact Ruth Wagstaff directly. Please be assured your application will be treated in the strictest confidence.
Job Type : Permanent
Location : Leicester, Leicestershire
Salary : £31k - 36k per year + private health care + bonus
Date Advertised : 26 Nov 2012
Sorry, this position is no longer available.
Don't miss out again. Sign up for Jobs-by-Email and get the latest jobs direct to your inbox.