Job Title; Production Manager / Production Supervisor / Manufacturing Manager
Skills; Production Manager, Production Supervisor, Manufacturing Manager, Team Leader
Salary; £28K-£32K per annum with excellent opportunities for progression
We are currently recruiting for a hands-on Production Manager for a successful global manufacturer based in North Leicestershire. Reporting directly to the General/Site Manager this role will be to monitor and control performance of the operating unit to achieve budgeted cost and sales output performance targets.
The role -
- Monitor and control the plant team and operating procedures to ensure customer service performance is measured through quality, cost and delivery.
- Contribute to the preparation of annual plans and budgets for both organisational and capital resources for the Plant so that they are realistic and enable productive capacity to match sales forecast needs.
- Compiles and delivers a supply plan through the Sales and Operating Planning process to satisfy demand to request date at optimal inventory cost.
- Co-ordinate activities of the team to optimise cost performance of the plant through capital investment programmes, optimising operating working capital usage and minimising waste.
- Develops and environment conducive to personal learning and development ensuring all team members are fully informed and equipped to deliver maximum performance.
- Ensures that all plant processes and activities are managed in a manner which maximises team member safety, maximises OSHME rating and complies with all relevant environmental and H&S legislation
Our ideal candidate -
- Well versed in Operations Management at a senior level including substantial cost centre accountability
- Experience is required of managing a large team of both permanent and sub contract labour
- Knowledge and detailed understanding is required of manufacturing systems particularly MRP and JIT
- Experience of medium volume, high variety, light assembly operations preferably in the electrical sector
- A degree in a technical discipline preferably incorporating elements of a formal business education is desirable but not essential
In return we can offer -
- A basic salary of up to £28- £32K plus an excellent benefits package
- Genuine and realistic opportunities for career progression
- Free car parking
If you are interested in this position and have the right combination of skills and experience required please apply on the link in this website. Alternatively e mail Sophie Norris, Recruitment Consultant email@example.com
For more information about this position or to view other vacancies please visit [URL removed] Other positions include vacancies in Manufacturing, Management, Sales, Engineering, Construction and Supply Chain.
If you have not heard from us within 7 days then please assume that your application has been unsuccessful
Job Type : Permanent
Location : Loughborough
Salary : £28k - £32k pa + plus competitive benefits
Date Advertised : 22 Nov 2012
Sorry, this position is no longer available.
Don't miss out again. Sign up for Jobs-by-Email and get the latest jobs direct to your inbox.