Senior Test Manager
Senior Test Manager
- Accountable for defined client relationships managing at all levels all commercials & financial forecasting including contractual obligations.
- Accountable for service reviews, project reviews & reporting
- Accountable for ensuring company management team has an active understanding of project pipeline & resource implications.
- Accountable for testing projects of assigned company clients, ensuring that all projects are effectively resourced, planned & executed within the agreed contractual relationship& to ISO standards.
- Manage business critical situations & escalations
- Through the development of strong client relationships, identify additional project opportunities for the company (both inside &outside of core testing propositions).
- Develop & review test strategies & deliverables to ensure all projects meet client requirements, through all stages of the life cycle.
- Manage assigned team to ensure focus on their development & project/service delivery.
- Set objectives for each member of the testing team ensuring that those objectives contribute to the Companys strategic objectives
- Conduct monthly 1-2-1s for all members of the team, liaising with Client &Project Leads to understand each team members performance.
- Provide leadership to the team & ensure a motivated, proactive &effective working environment is maintained.
- Support the continuous development of the team to meet individual aspirations, & future client requirements, liaising with Testing Operations Manager to ensure development needs are recorded & aligned to overall BU training & development plans.
- Ensure all ISO Processes are followed &understood by team members.
- Actively participate in weekly TEM meetings
Knowledge: Skills, Experience
Advanced ISTQB Testing Certification (or equivalent)
5-10 years Testing Experience/Senior Test Manager
- Proven history in effective team management within a testing oriented environment
- Demonstrates ability to achieve results through others, to motivate , inspire, & to coach individuals to reach their potential
- Open management style that drives an inclusive environment
- Wide ranging knowledge of retail systems, testing protocols &processes
- Strong experience of software testing management & execution
- Experience in handling business critical situations
- Manages client relationships at a senior level at all times
- Developing & agreeing test strategies with clients
- Ability to lead & manage testing projects through to successful delivery
- Strong understanding of the retail sector &retail systems including POS, Merchandising &Retail Finance.
- Flexible to work on client sites and UK Driving licence
- Strong Commercial Acumen, budgeting & forecasting
- Communication Skills
- Decision Making
- Coaching, development & mentoring
- Project/Stakeholder Management
Sovereign Business Resources Ltd is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.
Job Type : Permanent
Location : Birmingham, Leicester, Derby, Bedford, Oxford, Luton, Northampton, West London
Salary : £50k - £55k pa + Bonus + Benefits
Date Advertised : 16 Nov 2012
Sorry, this position is no longer available.
Don't miss out again. Sign up for Jobs-by-Email and get the latest jobs direct to your inbox.