Warehouse Shift Supervisor
**WAREHOUSE SHIFT SUPERVISOR (NIGHTS) RETAIL DISTRIBUTION / FMCG LEICESTER £25,000 to £28,000 DEPENDING ON EXPERIENCE (+3K NIGHT SHIFT PREMIUM) + BONUS & BENEFITS REPORTING TO THE SHIFT MANAGER**
Our client is a leading multi channel retail business, and is looking to recruit a Warehouse Section Manager for their FMCG site in the Leicester area to cover a permanent night shift (22:00 06:00).
This is a very large, partially automated fast moving consumer goods site and you will be expected to liaise with other shift supervisors to fully utilise the staff and resources for the depot in order to deliver an efficient service to the customer.
* Reporting into the Shift Manager you will be responsible for a team of warehouse operatives, as well as shared resource with other section managers.
* Due to the large size of the site, you will be responsible for either goods in and put-a-way, or pick and despatch operations.
* You will coach and develop your workforce to provide succession planning, as well as deputising for the Shift Manager when needed.
* You will get involved with health and safety reviews as well as personnel issues, training and recruitment.
* There are a number of KPIs which are essential to the effective running of the operation. You will help to deliver and exceed these Key Performance Indicators, as well as the collection and dissemination of data though analysis of the operation and regular team briefings.
* You will have experience of working in a large, part-automated fast paced logistics/distribution environment, which must include managing a team of people looking after at least one of the key logistics functions (intake, picking, despatch etc).
* This is a unionised environment and so you will you have ideally have experience of managing a workforce within a similar environment and have excellent interpersonal and communication skills.
* You will be educated to a good standard, with levels of literacy and numerously which reflect the skills required to efficiently carry out the tasks required as a manager (report writing [personnel reviews & incident reporting etc], analysing data for performance, KPIs and so on).
* You will have good man management skills, a positive and flexible attitude and a can-do approach.
* You will be highly customer focused, with a can-do customer driven approach.
* This is a heavily KPI driven environment, and so you will need excellent analytical and presentation skills, be PC literate and strive to always exceed customer expectations.
Our client is major blue chip business who is able to offer its employees not only a secure, rewarding and interesting career, but also amazing opportunities for growth and progression throughout its network.
If you have the desired skills and experience, and would like to be considered for the role, then please apply by clicking on the "Apply Now" link, or by sending a current version of your CV in word format
Job Type : Permanent
Location : Leicester
Salary : £25k - £28k pa + 3k Night Allowance
Date Advertised : 09 Nov 2012
Sorry, this position is no longer available.
Don't miss out again. Sign up for Jobs-by-Email and get the latest jobs direct to your inbox.